Who we are
UAP Insurance Tanzania is a subsidiary of the UAP Old Mutual Group in East Africa, which is part of Old Mutual Limited (OML) in Africa. UAP made its entry into the Tanzania market in 2013 after the acquisition of a 60% majority shareholding in the Century Insurance Company. This acquisition led to changing of the underwriter’s name from Century Insurance Company to UAP Insurance Tanzania Limited.
We are proud of our contribution to the growth of the Insurance Industry in Tanzania. We are committed to actively put our customers, their needs and ambitions at the forefront of everything we do to help them become their exceptional best. UAP Tanzania also plays a role in impacting the community it operates in through social responsibility initiatives in various areas like: Health, Environmental Conservation as well as Financial Education. Our Head office is in Dar es Salaam at ABSA House. We also have branches in Arusha, Mwanza, Mbeya, Dodoma, Kahama, Morogoro, Tegeta, Mtwara and Zanzibar.
The UAP Old Mutual Group comprises Faulu Microfinance Bank, UAP Holdings Limited and its subsidiaries, including the Old Mutual Life Assurance and Asset Management Group of Companies. Together they form one of the largest financial services groups with a growing footprint in East Africa. The Group was formed in 2015 after Old Mutual acquired a controlling stake in Faulu Microfinance Bank in 2014 and UAP Holdings in 2015. The Group pursues an integrated financial services model that avails to customers a comprehensive range of financial solutions. These include Investment, Insurance, Banking and Savings, through a wide and more accessible distribution network.
The UAP Old Mutual Group is part of Old Mutual Limited (OML). As part of OML, UAP Old Mutual is able to leverage technology, technical expertise and offer broad career growth prospects for its employees.
Old Mutual is an African-focused Investment, Savings, Insurance & Banking Group. Old Mutual began in Cape Town in 1845 as South Africa’s first Mutual Life Insurance Company, offering financial security in uncertain times. Today, 175 years on, Old Mutual Limited offers a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers across key markets in 14 countries; serving a combined 11.3 million customers. Old Mutual Limited (OML) is now anchored in Africa. With the listing on the exchanges in Malawi, Namibia, and Zimbabwe, OML is now an African business focussed on serving customers across the continent. Old Mutual's customers are at the heart of everything it does. The success of the Company is as a result of the continued support and trust of its customers. Old Mutual aims to be the customer's most trusted financial partner helping them achieve their lifetime financial goals while investing their funds in ways that will secure a positive future for themselves and their families.
- Strong reinsurance support - As a requirement and to ensure exceptional experience in claims settlements, we have a comprehensive panel of Reinsurers who support our operations. These include Swiss Re, Munich Re, PTA Re, Tan Re, Africa Re, Kenya Re, Continental Re, East Africa Re, AXA and Scor Re.
- Our people - Every UAP Insurance employee is here to make sure that you have an exceptional experience with us. We always act and behave according to the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Exceptional experience - We actively put our customers, their needs and ambitions at the forefront of everything we do to help them become their exceptional best. What good is an Insurance cover if a claim cannot be paid on time? We pay our claims on time.
- Compliance - We are fully compliant with the Country’s Laws and Regulations. We report to the Tanzania Insurance Regulatory Authority (TIRA).
- After Sales Service - Do you need that insurance certificate nicely stuck on your windscreen or any other information in relation to your policy such as renewal notification, change in limits, additional benefits, safety tips? No problem, we have got you covered.