What is Crop Insurance?Crop Insurance covers farm crops against various perils such as losses due to adverse weather conditions caused by a hail storm, fire, drought, excessive rainfall, frost damage, flooding, and lightning. In addition, we give cover to farm assets and equipment including harvested crop, greenhouse, and irrigation facilities.
- Insured farms have greater access to agriculture credit since a crop policy document is accepted by financing institutions as an alternative form of security.
- Insurance cushions farmers against losses by acting as a fall back in the event of a bad crop season.
- Crop insurance is a financial innovation that stimulates investments in the agriculture sector through increased access to funding and motivation to all stakeholders.
The two policies available under crop insurance are:
- Multi-Peril Policy which covers the crop against various perils except those specifically excluded.
- Index-Based Policy is a microinsurance product that covers crops against identified weather perils that can be measured using a computerized weather station.
- Request for a quotation
- Download and fill the proposal form
- Submit identification documents (Driving license, National ID, Passport, and TIN certificate)
- Premium payment
- Sign contract
- All crop losses as a result of non-insured perils
- Deterioration of crop and product quality due to interruption of work or any process accidents
- Consequential loss due to delay in harvesting, detention or confiscation of produce or equipment
- Error in pesticide application and failure to adhere to recommendations on application procedures.
- Theft, mysterious disappearances, and unaccountable losses
- Yield shortfall and downgrading. Payment of all claims is due at the end of a crop season, however, in case of total loss necessitating replanting, payment is made to facilitate replanting.